Volunteer at PPAC
Become a PPAC Usher
PPAC ushers are fully committed to enhancing the theatergoing experience for all guests. If you think you have the pizzazz to become a PPAC usher, download an application here. Please understand that there is frequently a waiting list, and you will be contacted as soon as positions become available.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be in good physical condition, able to stand for long periods of time, and capable of assisting patrons by walking up and down balcony stairs.
- Must be available to volunteer for a specific number of shows (to be decided at the beginning of each season, typically between twenty and forty performances a year).
- Must be able to arrive ninety minutes before the performance start time.
- Must have good people skills and enjoy helping patrons have an outstanding theatre experience.
- Must be able to attend a New Usher Orientation/Professional Development and then train for a specific number of shows as an Usher Candidate.
- Must be knowledgeable of the information contained in the usher handbook Performing Beyond the Expectations of our Patrons which will be distributed to all usher candidates at a New Usher Orientation/Professional Development.
Become a PPAC Greeter
The high school greeter program is open to students aged 15-18. It is an excellent way for teens to become involved in the theatre world by welcoming theatergoers and other special projects.Contact Betty Benedetti at (401) 574-3119 for details and to register.
For other Volunteering opportunities at The Providence Performing Arts Center please contact 401-421-2997.